Corden EPS Hydrocarbon Membrane
Hydrocarbons are colourless gases formed as a by-product of decomposing organic matter or from petroleum-based pollutants such as spilled diesel or kerosene. These harmful gases are commonly found on polluted "brownfield" sites which are being increasingly used for modern property developments in both the commercial and residential sectors.
It is crucial that when gas protection is required, the site conditions, design and application are all taken into consideration to provide an impermeable membrane capable of surviving installation and subsequent traffic.
The Corden EPS Hydrocarbon Membrane is a high quality, high density polyethylene (HDPE) produced from specially formulated, proprietary virgin polyethylene resin designed specifically for flexible geomembrane applications.
The Corden EPS Hydrocarbon Membrane has outstanding chemical resistance, mechanical properties, environmental stress crack resistance, dimensional stability and thermal ageing characteristics. The Corden EPS Hydrocarbon Membrane also has excellent resistance to UV radiation and is suitable for exposed conditions.
- Suitable for use on hydrocarbon contaminated sites ("brownfield")
- Excellent resistance to chemicals and UV radiation
- Excellent weld characteristics
- Can be taped (Consult technical department)
- Very high resistance to puncture and tear
- Low permeability to hydrocarbon gases
- Available in 2.5m and 5.1m wide (Consult separate data sheet)
- Compatible with vented systems
- All sundries available